Hold on to your hats people!! Are you ready for our BIGGEST EVER ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
Shona fans will know that we love nothing more than to put on a big event! For us, it doesn’t get much better than bringing as many girls and as many inspiring women into one room as we possibly can!
The last time we managed to do this was at SHINE 2019, check out the highlights here…
Last year, we were devastated to cancel all of our events, but we didn’t take it lying down. Oh NO!
We have pulled together the dreamiest dream team with our friends at Beat102-103, iRadio, SPIN 1038, and SPIN South West, and are delighted to announce SHINE Festival 2021!
SHINE Festival: March 8th-10th
SHINE Festival is possibly the biggest gathering of inspirational Irish women ever. With over 80 speakers including Vicky Phelan, Laura Whitmore, Holly Cairns, Evanna Lynch, and many, many more, on topics such as mental health, mindset, career, diversity, individuality, the arts, sports, social issues, and sustainability. We’ll also have music, poetry, pledges, and even a treasure hunt!
So, join us and the 100 schools and 20,000 girls already registered, for SHINE Festival 2021 which will be running from March 8th to the 10th – kicking off in celebration of International Women’s Day. It is an empowering event for the women and girls of Ireland, bringing us together to interact in a safe and positive space, and to celebrate each other.
And here’s the best news of all…
ITS COMPLETELY FREE!!!
Thanks to our sponsors AIB, Life Style Sports, West Pharma and SAP Software Solutions, we can ensure that SHINE is inclusive and available to everyone. So, you’ve no excuse!
How can you access SHINE Festival?
- Individual tickets are available free of charge with an option to donate. Shona is a not-for-profit organisation and all donations will be invested back into funding our ability to support girls and young women all over Ireland as they navigate this modern world. All donations, big or small are very welcome. You can get your individual tickets HERE.
- All secondary schools are invited to sign up completely free! Teachers will be given access to the Festival and can then be accessed in the classroom or the link can be forwarded to students if remote learning is still in place. The invitation is open to all girls, from 1st to 6th year. If your school hasn’t already signed up, why not mention SHINE Festival to your teacher and ask them to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
So, What’s The Line-up?
You can’t swing a cat in Ireland without finding a strong, smart, and inspiring woman. SHINE features women of all shapes, sizes, colour, ages, and abilities to bring you the most diverse and possibly largest-ever gathering of inspirational women EVER! We are thrilled that our host for this year is the beautiful and brilliant Angela Scanlon.
How Can You Get Involved With SHINE Festival?
SHINE Festival is for girls by girls. This whole event is for you! We know how hard the last year has been so we wanted to give you something to look forward to. Here’s how to get involved!
- 1: Submit a piece of art in whatever form it means to you; spoken word, poetry, sculpture, music, singing, anything at all in either image or video format to be displayed in our art gallery to show your talents to the world and win some amazing prizes. Email us your art at email@example.com by the end of February to take part.
- 2: We have a hashtag for this event! #Shine4Shona. So why not post on Instagram who you are watching, what you are doing, and what you are enjoying most about SHINE?
- 3: Keep an eye on our Instagram Story here, as there will be A LOT of exciting announcements going up there!
So, are you as excited as us? There is less than 1 month to go until the most exciting few days of the year! See you all soon! And be sure to keep an eye on our socials (@shonadotie on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok) as we have a lot of surprises up our sleeves!!
If you would like to support us and the work that we do, you can donate below ❤