We are recruiting a Fundraising LEAD
We are hoping to recruit a Corporate Fundraising and Philanthropy Lead to join our team and help us to educate, empower and inspire today’s Irish girls to become tomorrow’s strong confident and curious young women.
The Shona Project is a multi-award-winning national non-profit which was launched in 2016. It is an innovative support system for young girls living in Ireland, which has already reached over 25,000 girls through its school workshops, 300,000 girls monthly through online articles and videos and most recently reaching 40,000 girls over its three-day virtual award-winning festival – SHINE Festival.
The Shona Project has gathered a huge amount of momentum and has created a movement to support the next generation of powerful and authentic young women.
The Fundraising Lead will develop The Shona Project’s corporate and philanthropic relationships. This is a purpose-driven job, which provides an excellent opportunity to contribute to ensuring the next generation of Irish women feel empowered and supported to achieve their potential.
The role provides access to a hugely accomplished board, as well as an extensive network of supporters, volunteers and pro-bono partners. It provides the opportunity to contribute to a rapidly growing organisation at an exciting time in its development and growth. It also offers flexible working arrangements, based on the availability and requirements of the appointee. The Shona Project is a values-driven organisation and promotes authenticity, positivity, community and integrity.
Reports to: CEO/ Board
Hours: Negotiable, we are open to offering part-time, or full-time and flexible working hours for the best candidate
Salary: Negotiable depending on skillset and experience
Location: Remote, with some national travel for meetings required.
Term: This is a 6-month initial contract, which may be extended
About the Role:
The Fundraising Lead will take the lead in developing TSP’s fundraising strategy, including corporate partnerships, philanthropy and grants and donor giving.
The aim of the role is to secure a regular and diverse funding pipeline, foster relationships and build a movement of people and organisations that support the Shona mission.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all The Shona Projects’ current and past projects and future strategic goals
- Foster current and create future partnerships to identify how to leverage relationships for maximum mutual benefit
- Track philanthropic and grant funding opportunities and complete comprehensive and impelling applications, identifying the opportunities for impact.
- Investigate and pursue opportunities to secure EU funding.
- Create marketable corporate offerings, identify organisations whose values reflect our own, and match partners to specific projects.
- Develop high-quality materials including bespoke corporate funding proposals
- Build relationships with decision-makers and senior manager management
- Set clear financial targets and drive activity to ensure they are met
- Work with CEO and Board on developing the philanthropic strategy
- Develop and host philanthropic events
- Develop and manage major donor database and arrange appointments for CEO
- Develop and maintain the trusts and foundations database and apply for funding as appropriate
- Develop regular reports for internal and external stakeholders and partners
- General day-to-day admin duties in line with business requirements
Required Skills / Competencies:
- A proven track record in corporate and major donor fundraising, corporate business development or corporate account/relationship management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrable experience in selling, negotiating and influencing
- A strong understanding of the motivations, needs and operating models of the corporate sector
- Superior customer service skills to build strong relationships internally and externally
- An understanding of the problems and challenges The Shona Project are working to address
- Excellent time management, organisational and prioritisation skills
- A positive and resilient manner with the ability to work under pressure
- A target driven mindset
- Flexibility with work and a demonstrated commitment to teamwork
- A self-motivated and proactive approach to work
- Car & full clean driving licence desirable
- Must be willing to travel if required
This list of duties is not intended to be exhaustive, but to reflect the main duties of the position and is subject to change. Due to the size of the organization and the nature of our client group, all staff will, from time to time, be required to do duties outside of their job description. Any other duties may be allocated from time to time consistent with the position, operational plan and strategic plan.
Email a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 9th September 2022