Having time off school can get boring, especially this year with the extra few months you got off school. For us, summertime is the perfect opportunity to try something new.
The Shona Project wants to give the girls of Waterford an inspirational and empowering week they will never forget. We will give them opportunities to find their place and identity in this world while also encouraging them to be nice to one and another, but more importantly, themselves.
The Shona Project Summer Schools Programme has been designed by The Shona Project and its team of highly experienced members. The main goal of this 5-day camp is to create a positive impact on young women by achieving The Shona Project goals of supporting young women to be independent, confident, and connected.
Tickets can be purchased through Eventbrite here.
These Summer Schools are designed to create a space for girls which is:
- Safe – The girls are encouraged but never required to share.
- Supportive – We are kind and always non-judgemental.
- Challenging – We help girls realise their personal power, curiosity, and ability.
- Fun – The week will be recalled with happiness for years to come.
The main outcomes we want each girl to walk away with include:
- Increased sense of belonging and positive peer connection.
- Increased Self-awareness (including personal values) and self-confidence.
- Increased ability to critically evaluate the messages received by the world and make positive decisions.
- Increased ability to deal with stress and anxiety leading to increased wellbeing.
- Increased ability to use her own voice to ask for what she needs and express herself with confidence.
- Increased sense of her place in the world and her ability to affect change.
All these amazing experiences will be achieved through activities such as:
- Yoga/meditation mindfulness
- Creative writing and journal writing
- Goal setting and stress support planning activities
- Team building exercises / spoken word
- Media creation
- Role modeling
- Health and wellbeing
- Social Responsibility
When: 10th -14th August from 10 am to 2 pm (4 hours per day)
Where: An amazing Waterford City Centre Location
Price: €89 (each girl will also receive a Shona Project goodie bag)
Tickets can be bought through the Eventbrite Link Here.
For: 12 to 16-year-old girls
When booking, please advise us of any special requirements that are needed eg. Wheelchair Access.
**Some Important Notes:
- All current COVID-19 guidelines will be followed
- Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, spaces are limited and will be based on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- We love to take videos and photos to share on our website and social media channels. We will be sending you a consent form in order to get your permission to take your daughter’s photo and post them to our social media channels.
- We will be in contact with you prior to the event, so please keep an eye on your email inbox 🙂
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com