Michelle Obama is a legend. Fact.
Everything she says is simple and relatable, and she never sounds preachy.
Here are some of the best pieces of advice she has shared for girls….
1. “There is no boy, at this age, cute enough or interesting enough to stop you from getting an education. If I had worried about who liked me and who thought I was cute when I was your age, I wouldn’t be married to the President of the United States.”
2. “I never cut class. I loved getting As, I liked being smart. I liked being on time. I thought being smart is cooler than anything in the world.”
3. “I want to encourage all of us as young women and older women, we have to raise our own bars. You cannot be successful hanging around people who drag you down. You have to fill your bucket with positive energy and if you have people hanging around you that are bringing you down and not lifting you up, whether that’s your boo or your best friend, you’ve got to learn how to push those people to the side. And you’re going to be doing that for the rest of your lives.”
4. “Failure is an important part of your growth and developing resilience. Don’t be afraid to fail.”
5. “Resilience and the ability to overcome obstacles is success. Take those challenges you are facing and own them. With every challenge you overcome, you are becoming better.”
6. “Don’t just be book-smart, be smart about the world — know your community, know your politics.”
8. “Don’t shy away from being the smartest kid in the class. And never mind what boys think.”
9. “I want you to be that hungry to get your education because it is going to be the key to your future.”
10. “Success isn’t about how much money you make, it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.”
Hey, ‘merica. If you’re done with her, we’ll have her!