This is similar to our current Junior Ambassador Programme but our new Ambassadors will be specifically focused upon promoting sports and movement with girls in their schools.
We are inviting schools to nominate 1-2 student (s) from 4th, 5th or 6th year for the 2023/24 academic year.
You can nominate Here.
We would appreciate that if nominating 2 students, they be from different year groups. This is an effort to create a line of succession for our ambassador programme. Through our programme we can support them as leaders who promote sport and movement for all. We envision our Sports Ambassadors being kind and inclusive to all. They don’t need to be captain of a sports team. Just someone who likes moving and shaking and can encourage others to do the same!
Sports Ambassadors will be nominated by their schools because they believe that she is a leader who will be able to inspire others to keep moving and playing sports. She should be able to win over her quietest classmate and provide a non- judgemental approach to encouraging others to move.
What does a Sports Ambassador do?
- Encourage sport and movement for all within the school community
- Promote The Shona Project and Her moves initiatives in school
- Attend monthly online catch ups where they will meet brilliant role models, and discuss the issues which are important to them.
- Engage with peers via WhatsApp group
- Get involved in idea generation for everything Shona/ Her Moves related, including writing articles, creating content and developing creative projects.
- The Sports Ambassador should also make the whole school staff aware of their role. If confident enough, they could do this in a staff meeting or simply compose an email that can be distributed to all staff.
What does a Sports Ambassador get in return?
- An invitation to monthly/virtual meet-ups to form connections and talk about things like team work, leadership, health, wellbeing and promoting movement.
- Spread kindness and positivity amongst peers.
- Make new friends.
- Opportunities to get involved in different and exciting events/projects run by our team. This will include an in-person summit in spring 2024 and tickets to sporting events.
- Access to our growing network of mentors if they have questions related to career, subject choice, and other life questions.
- References and help when applying for jobs, courses and internships.
- Experience growth in their communication skills, enhance their natural ability to lead and embrace the opportunity to network with those from different backgrounds.
The opportunity to be part of a movement creating huge positive change in Ireland and to play a part in making the world a healthier and happier place!