We are so thrilled to see the return of in -person events. We’ve so missed catching up with our friends, ambassadors and supporters. So in honour of this, we’ve decided to host a special event just for you, our besties.
About this event
The Shona Project invites you to a special event, Celebrating the Women who are Changing Ireland.
We are also delighted to be supporting the launch of “See It, Be It: Twenty Irish Women. Twenty Inspiring Stories”.
Join us, and our colleagues, friends and supporters for an evening of empowerment, curiosity and inspiration, and of course some tasty food and refreshments, including cake we promise.
Venue: Huckletree Snug, The Academy, 42 Pearse St, Dublin
Time: 6:30 pm – 8.30 pm
*Please note that this venue is unfortunately not wheelchair accessible*
Hosted by our founder Tammy Darcy, we will hear from our panels of social entrepreneurs, changemakers and trailblazers including:
• Dr. Sinead Kane – International speaker, disability advocate, lawyer, and Guinness World Record Holder
• Eva Butterly – Ultra-runner and personal trainer known across the internet as “The Scoliosis Warrior”
• Ailbhe Smyth – Academic, feminist, and LGBTQ and Women’s Rights activist.
• Sara Philips – Trans activist and chairperson of the Transgender Equality Network of Ireland
• Rosemary Kunene – Founder of Dignity Partnership, supporting people in Direct Provision to improve or develop entrepreneurship skills
• Breeda Bermingham – Founder of the Midlife Women Rock Project, empowering women through their menopause journey
• Aisling Kirwan – Founder of Positive Carbon, reducing food waste in kitchens and positively impacting the planet
We will also hear from Amy Martin, author of “See it Be It: 20 Irish women, 20 Inspiring Stories”.
This is a free event, with facility to donate towards The Shona Project and support the next generation of Irish trailblazers.
Places are limited so booking is advised, and it’s not just for women! Get your tickets HERE!
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
If you would like to support us and the work that we do, you can find out more below