The Shona Project is a multi-award-winning national non-profit which was launched in 2016. It is an innovative support system for young girls living in Ireland, which has already reached over 25,000 girls through its school workshops, 300,000 girls monthly through online articles and videos and most recently reaching 40,000 girls over its two-day virtual award-winning festival – SHINE Festival.
The Shona Project has gathered huge momentum and created a movement to support the next generation of powerful and authentic young women.
The Content Creator will deepen the relationship between The Shona Project and its online community by creating powerful, meaningful, and supportive content that will be published across the organisation’s growing online community. This is a passion-driven role, which will provide an excellent opportunity to let your creativity flow and contribute to ensuring the next generation of Irish women feel empowered and supported to achieve their potential.
The Role Includes:
- Working with the Operations Manager to curate and create meaningful and engaging content for the organisation’s social media platform. This includes creating visually appealing graphics and videos that align with the organisation’s brand.
- Creating and editing TikTok videos and Instagram Reels to aid in the growth of following on both social media platforms.
- Drafting and posting of website articles to ensure www.shona.ie has a consistent volume of new content weekly. Experience with WordPress is an advantage.
- Scheduling of all content to ensure posts go live during the audience’s most active time. Experience with scheduling tools such as Later.com is an advantage.
- Assist in the update of the existing digital marketing strategy to ensure it stays relevant to industry trends.
- Identify opportunities for collaborations, partnerships, or influencer engagement.
- Supporting the Operations Manager on all digital marketing activities for the award-winning Shine Festival each October.
The role provides access to a wide range of industry experience, which will suit a budding new digital marketer. A highlight of this exposure is the range of digital marketing activities required for the Shine Festival campaign.
The right candidate will also have access to a hugely accomplished board, as well as a supportive team, and an extensive network of supporters, volunteers and pro-bono partners. It provides the opportunity to contribute to a rapidly growing organisation at an exciting time in its development and growth. It also offers flexible working arrangements, based on the availability and requirements of the appointee. The Shona Project is a values-driven organisation, that promotes authenticity, positivity, community and integrity.
Reports to: Operations Manager
Hours: 12 hours per week – we are open to flexible working hours for the best candidate
Wage: €12.50 per hour
Location: The Shona Project is based in Waterford, but this role is predominantly remote.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- A good understanding of graphic design using Canva and/or other software.
- A firm understanding of various social media platforms and their respective in-app capabilities.
- Video editing skills for TikTok videos and Instagram Reels are an advantage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively and contribute innovative ideas to social media campaigns.
- A strong attention to detail.
- A self-motivated, innovative and proactive individual who relishes an opportunity to drive social impact.
- Excellent time management, organisational and prioritisation skills.
This list of duties is not intended to be exhaustive, but to reflect the main duties of the position and is subject to change. At The Shona Project, we value passion and creativity, so this will be considered on par for candidates with industry experience.
Email a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
A portfolio is not a requirement of the application but is encouraged so that we can gain an understanding of your experience.
Closing Date: 5 pm Wednesday the 21st of February 2024