According to the real smart science people, our generation is on the verge of a mental-health crisis. If we’re honest, we can all sense it, people, and especially girls, are struggling. A recent study by Jean M Twenge published in The Atlantic really gave us something to think about. Its a long read, so here’s the headlines:
- How do I feel right now? Am I anxious or really, genuinely content?
- Am I tired? Did I just put off peeing for another 30 minutes because I just couldn’t muster the energy to get up?
- When was the last time I made eye contact with another human and laughed out loud?
- When was the last time I hugged someone (in person, not by sending an emoji).
- When was I last outside in the fresh air? When was the last time my heart rate increased, because I ran, jumped, danced?
If the answer to these questions are a little worrying, why not do a 2-3 day screen detox. Whats the worst that could happen?